- Accept yourself as who are. Don’t be too critical about yourself. Just learn how to love the person that you have become. A happy life begins with self-actualization and acceptance.
- Happiness is a state of mind. No one can make you unhappy if you have decided for sure that you will be happy in most situations. Always look at things that don't go the way you wanted as an experience to learn from and how can you benefit from this.
- Prioritize your life. Learn how to balance the various responsibilities that you may have (work, relationships, and family) so that your priorities are being met. Priorities need to include self-indulgence activities such as leisure time and hobbies.
- Take care of your health. An unhealthy body cannot be the home of a happy mind. Good nutrition feeds the mind, body and spirit. Set aside time for physical and mental activity.
- Stay in the company of happy people. Being in the company of people who have a habit of criticizing is likely to divert your mind toward negative thoughts. You become what you spend time with. Spend it with people who exhibit behaviors that you wish to acquire.
- Be grateful. Saying a small “thank you” for what you have can make a lot of difference. Gratitude is the seed for more wonderful things coming into your life. Take advantage of how easy it can be to show appreciation for what life has given you.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Tapping Into the Happiness in Your Life
Living a life of happiness does not happen by mistake. There are certain factors that need to be present in your everyday lifestyle in order to truly appreciate who you are and what you have. Happiness is not only a state of mind, it is a condition of a good life. Here are a few key tips: