Here are some recommended basics for people who want to improve their health. These are things everyone can do to improve their health.
- Be physically active. Daily exercise promotes your sense of well-being and overall good health. It helps keep you flexible, strong, emotionally balanced and will aid in better sleep.
- Eat a healthy diet of whole foods. Include a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. Eat lean protein and whole grains. Limit processed and microwavable foods. Drink plenty of good water daily.
- Drink alcohol only in moderation, if at all. One drink a day may be beneficial for heart health, though large quantities of alcohol are very damaging to the body.
- Practice stress reduction. Learn how to manage your stress. Not managing stress efficiently can lead to heart disease, high blood pressure, and a range of emotional problems including insomnia and depression.
- Take time to relax and participate in some sort of recreation or hobby daily. Engaging in these types of activities can lower blood pressure, reduce stress and balance the mind. Find a mix of activities that include other people and some to do alone.
- Get the right amount of sleep for you. Lack of sleep can attribute to weight gain, inability to deal with stressors and emotional imbalance. When sleeping, sleep well.
- Get plenty of fresh air and sun exposure. Take whatever activities you can outside. Walking, reading, playing or simply visiting with friends. The fresh air rejuvenates the body. Sun exposure causes your body to produce vitamin D3 which boosts your immunities and increases calcium absorption.