When the pH balance (acid versus alkaline) inside the body is ‘out of balance’ the body tries to correct that sensitive pH balance. That process shows up as uncomfortable symptoms, including colds, flues, allergies, diseases, viruses, and bacteria. When the body’s pH level is in balance, the body reaches ideal weight and corrects negative health challenges naturally.
Transitioning to a more alkaline healthy diet requires a shift in attitude towards food. The important point to remember is that small changes go a long way. Add more alkaline foods to your diet gradually.
Here are 7 ways to make alkaline diets benefit you:
- Reduce your consumption of sugar and products made from sugar, including pop, pies, jello, jams and jellies, artificial juices, puddings, doughnuts, corn, syrups, chewing gum, sweetened drinks, cookies, breakfast cereals, liquors, and mixed drinks.
- Avoid processed and man made foods and condiments including ketchup, salad dressings, pickles, luncheon meats, canned fruits, breads, relish, cheese dips, peanut butter, prepared seafood, crackers, canned soups, hot dogs, sausages, and sweetened yogurt.
- Avoid cooking and heating foods and drinks in a microwave.
- Avoid or limit dairy, meats, fried foods, and fast foods.
- Increase your intake of raw vegetables and raw fresh fruits. You should include raw vegetables or vegetables with every meal. If your breakfast is only toast or cereal, stop eating toast and take fresh fruits or vegetable juices instead. If your lunches consist of sandwiches, substitute it with a fruit or vegetable salad. Have a large salad before you eat an entrée at dinner.
- Grains are an essential part of a balanced diet and are important in maintaining the alkaline balance in the body. Grains are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and important nutrients, including folic acid, fiber, carbohydrates, and antioxidants. By eating grains you can eat less but feel full. Grains should compromise about 20% of your diet.
- Drink at least half of your body weight in ounces of good quality water each day.