Eucalyptus, lavender, rosemary and tea tree oils are effective when used alone, combining them can increase their healing actions. Here are a few ideas on how to mix oils and what they can be used for:
- Sunburn can be relieved by diluting four drops each of eucalyptus and lavender with four ounces of distilled water and sprayed onto the affected areas. This is especially comforting when the mix has been stored in the refrigerator.
- Small cuts and scrapes can be disinfected when washed with a dilution of warm water and several drops of lavender.
- An effective insect repellent can be made by mixing five drops each of lavender and rosemary with a carrier oil and sprayed onto the exposed skin and clothing.
- When it is necessary to build up immunity, try a steam inhalation of four drops each or eucalyptus and lavender mixed with a pan of steaming water. Drape a towel around to cover the head and pan and breathe in for up to five minutes.
- Respiratory and nasal congestion can be effectively treated in the same manner. Add three drops of each eucalyptus, lavender, rosemary and tea tree into a pan of steaming water.
- An excellent rub for muscle pain can be made by combining two drops each of eucalyptus, lavender and rosemary with four teaspoons of a carrier oil such as sweet almond or extra virgin olive oil.
- Ear ache pain can be relieved by mixing three drops of and lavender and tea tree oil with one teaspoon of a carrier oil and rubbed around the affected ear.