Healthy self-esteem is important for emotional well-being, and it is helpful in realizing life.
A Healthy Self-Esteem Involves:. People that believe in themselves and have a positive outlook in life are also more likely to have healthy self-esteem and generally tend be happier.
* Self Nurturing. Learning how to take care of others as well as oneself.
* Autonomy. Self-determination and independence.
* Identity. An individual’s sense of self.
* Intimacy. The ability to relate closely to others.
Low self-esteem can be damaging because it can affect a person’s body, mind and spirit.
Self-acceptance is crucial for developing a healthy self-esteem
Tips for Boosting Self-Esteem:
* Take risks in order to succeed
* Learn to set realistic goals
* Develop a support system of friends and relatives
* Focus on accomplishments and don’t dwell on failures