- The Root Chakra (Muladhara) is associated with the color red. It is located at the base of the spine. This is our life force energy. This chakra brings us groundedness, trust, and belonging. Enhancing this chakra with red lessens feelings of mistrust.
- Located just below the navel is the Sacral Chakra (Swadhisthana). This chakra’s color is orange. Our sensitivity and feelings come from this energy center. We experience sensuality, emotion, and creativity. Increasing exposure to orange lessens feelings of inferiority.
- Yellow is the color associated with the chakra located just above the naval. This is the Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura). This energy center is associated with knowledge and mental intelligence. It gives us our will, sense of identity, and clarity. Ensuring adequate amounts of yellow lessens feelings of confusion.
- The Heart Chakra (Anahata) is located in the center of the chest and associated with the color green. It is here that we receive our emotional energy and balance in life. Feelings of compassion, forgiveness, and intimacy are connected to this energy center. Using plenty of green lessens feelings of isolation.
- Blue is the color for the Throat Chakra (Visuddha). This energy center is located at the base of the throat. It is here that we gain our communication energy. Self-expression, communication, and the power to manifest are provided with this chakra. Good amounts of blue lessen feelings of stagnation.
- Located in the center of the forehead between the eyes and is the energy center associated with the color indigo. This is the Third Eye Chakra (Ajna). Attributes such as empathy, intuition, and integrity; are governed by this energy center. Exposing ourselves to indigo lessens feelings of despair.
- The color violet is related to the Crown Chakra (Sahasrara). This energy center is located at the top of the head. It is here that we get our inspiration and Spiritual energy. It gives us our sense of peace and inspiration. Enhancing our lives with violet lessons our feelings of distraction.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Your Chakra Colors and What They Do
Chakras are the energy centers in your body that basically align with your spine. There are seven main chakras in the body. Our chakras affect us physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Colors have been long associated to these energy centers in the body. Wearing or surrounding yourself with these colors is one way to balance the body and bring inner healing.